Yes really – you can potentially sell your knickers…used…to people (well men) who are willing to pay actual hard cash for this sort of thing.
Potentially. Sites like Sofia Gray make it possible to earn money.
Would you do it?
Read on to find out!
- Why air your dirty laundry?
- How to make money if you want to sell your knickers
- Avoiding knicker nightmares
- How much can you make if you sell your knickers?
- Is this lingerie legitimate?
Every woman has a memory of the moment they looked into their drawers to discover that they’d run out of clean underwear. Freezing in horror, the choice seems impossible: to re-wear or not to wear? I could never bring myself to go commando and so I’d rush out the door and crawl into work, cowering beneath an imaginary neon sign that screamed out my shame.
Women such as Dani at ‘Hot Housewives Dirty Knickers’, however, have solved this problem as they have turned the stress of a 24 hour wear into one which cuts down on their washing and gives them confidence and cash to pocket at the end of the day.
Yup, they sell their knickers for cash! Here’s how you could too
WHY AIR YOUR DIRTY LAUNDRY?
Yes it sounds weird, sordid and downright kinky – because it is! – but, if you can stomach it, you could make money from something you would otherwise have to spend time and money laundering, i.e. your dirty knickers.
The advantages are…
- You literally get paid to go about your daily business.
- Selling is done from the comfort of your home and, potentially, with anonymity as selling sites such as ‘PantyDeal’ have their own internal message system which you can use with an anonymous email address.
- If you have a specific short term goal in mind then it is also just as easy for you to stop your business as it is to start it.
- Alternatively, if you have an eye for the future, then online marketplaces enable you to build up a global clientele and to transact with them on a regular basis.
None of this alters the fact that you’re dealing in a dirty business – in more ways than one.
It’s not for everyone, which is why not that many women (and it is basically women’s knickers that are wanted) are doing it.
However, if this sounds like an intriguing and easy way to make some extra money, then here’s now you do it.
HOW TO MAKE MONEY IF YOU WANT TO SELL YOUR KNICKERS
STEP 1: JOIN AN ONLINE MARKETPLACE
While it is possible to set up your own website and go from there, you’re probably best registering with an online panty-selling marketplace.
Sites such as
- Sofia Gray – you can get a 10% discount on seller listing fees if you use our code Magpie69
- The Kinky Boutique
give first time sellers a support network and clear terms and conditions from which to operate.
They also circumvent the extra PayPal fees that sellers are charged on eBay and do not ask for commission in return for a small membership fee.
The Kinky Boutique, for example, charges a very reasonable £20 a month. This means that you can demand as much as you like for your product and that you get to keep 100% of what you make.
STEP 2: SET UP YOUR PROFILE
Once you have decided which marketplace you want to sell your knickers on, the next step is to set up your profile. For this, you can have fun creating a mystery alias and writing up a blurb to describe the items you want to sell.
Interests come in all ages, shapes and sizes (we’re not going to go into them…really….eugh) and this means that you can be secure in your body image and also don’t have to worry about going out and buying special knickers.
In order to sell your underwear, you need to provide pictures which you can just create with your smartphone at home.
These photos can be as risqué as you like but it’s advisable to keep your face out of the pic.
STEP 3: SET A PRICE
After jazzing up your profile, all you have to do is set a price to sell your knickers and wait for a buyer to become interested.
PantyDeal advises that, when setting a price, you consider the type of underwear you’re selling, the length of time they have been worn and any number of unique, personal selling points that make your knickers exclusive to you.
STEP 4: GET PAID
After a buyer has expressed their interest, you organise the transfer of money.
- The Kinky Boutique processes orders via CirclePay, an app which enables money to be transferred between email addresses once your alias account has been registered.
- Sofia Gray recommends orders be made via Bitcoin, Google Wallet or Amazon Gift Card.
- It’s important to note than no sales should be processed via PayPal as its Terms and Conditions refuse the sale of used undies (not surprisingly).
- If you do decide to go and sell on your own, remember that breaching PayPal T’s&C’s often results in sellers losing their PayPal account and their money, and sometimes you can also be slapped with fines from PayPal itself.
STEP 5: SEND THE ‘ITEMS’ OFF
Once you’ve got that ping which tells you you’ve have been paid by your customer, all you need to do is zip your pants into a bag and send them off directly to your buyer.
While you will be provided with the buyer’s address for the delivery, you should find a postal service that does not require a returns address so that you do not make your own details available.
STEP 6: ASK FOR A REVIEW (YES, SERIOUSLY!)
The final thing you need to do, according to the ‘professionals’, is to ask your buyer to review your product to encourage other people to stop at your profile.
It’s also helpful if you review your buyer too so that other sellers know what to expect. It’s just like selling on eBay or Amazon!
If you have had a bad experience, you can alert other sellers and also report any incidents to the managers of the marketplace where buyers or sellers can be removed from the site after an investigation.
AVOIDING KNICKER NIGHTMARES
While the web is the perfect place for anonymous transactions, it’s important that you decide where you set your boundaries as some buyers can be interested in a little more than just your dirty laundry.
Most sites say that they encourage buyers to get in contact with sellers to request specific items to purchase or to ask questions about the pair of pants they wish to buy.
- Some may also want to have more detailed conversations. While it’s important to keep your customers happy, you need only keep your communication to the minimum and you do not need to sell to people who make you uncomfortable.
- For sites like PantyDeal, their registration also makes it clear that you can also sell photos, videos, texts and webcam chats. If that’s not for you, you can make it clear.
- Sienna and Dani at The Kinky Boutique point out, you need to know that you will sometimes get strange requests that you are completely within your rights to deny and report.
- As Hot Housewives Dirty Knickers have highlighted, some clients ask for period stains and skid marks and one even reported a customer asking for poo in a box!
However, be careful if any ask you to wear the knickers for a long time (yes, that’s one of the other requests). As Dr Alyssa Dweck, a gynaecologist and assistant clinical professor at Mt. Sinai School of Medicine, told Cosmopolitan, it’s important to consider the health implications of your products as wearing the same underwear for a few weeks can increase the risk of getting a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis. It probably doesn’t make you too many friends either.
So while a 24 hour wear is nothing out of the ordinary, make sure you know what you are getting yourself into if you agree to anything more!
HOW MUCH CAN YOU MAKE IF YOU SELL YOUR KNICKERS?
How much you make then is pretty much up to you although you have to bear in mind that for people to take your prices seriously, you have to consider what is reasonable with regards to your competition. The more you sell though, the more you can demand.
- At Hot Housewives Dirty Laundry, Dani and Debbie sell packages from £22 which include a pair of knickers and photos. More expensive ranges include satin options and a bra and knickers set.
- Marketplace sites allow you to set your own prices and, despite charging a membership fee, most do not charge commission. The Kinky Boutique sells underwear from £12 to £250 while Sofia Gray sell knickers for up to £5,000.
In just 3 months one of our readers made over £4,500 doing this!
IS THIS LINGERIE LEGITIMATE?
Although it’s true that selling your used underwear is a crazy, and somewhat disturbing, way to make money, it is a blossoming industry (would you believe?) that can make your bank account boom also.
While some marketplaces are more established than others, a few such as The Kinky Boutique have been around for more than five years.
If you do some thorough research on the record, history and ethos of the marketplace you choose, it will help you know if the marketplace is worth using.
For more fun ways to make money now – follow us over on Instagram here and chat with the team.
Discover 15 more strange ways to make money here.
To read more news, click here.